Friday, July 3, 2015

Caring for self.

Friday, July 3, 2015

Today's thought:  Caring for self.

To care for one's self is so important and not always encouraged.  Unity's Daily Word for July 1 explains this so beautifully,  that I wanted to share it with you.

"I honor God by caring for myself.  As fast as life goes sometimes, I may find it difficult to stop, rest, and take care of myself.  I may feel pressured to do things for others and keep a hectic pace to meet their requests  I remember the lyrics of a country song, "I'm in a hurry to get things done.  Oh, I rush and rush until life's no fun."

'I stop hurrying and care for myself.  The most important person to focus on is me.  Caring for myself is honoring Spirit within.  I rest, breathe, and step away from pressures or worries.  I take time to connect with God through prayer and meditation.  I also take time for fun!

'Caring for myself does not take away from my ability to care for others.  It energizes me and strengthens my relationship with God.  I honor God by caring for myself."

Wishing you blessings beyond number.....and peace, joy, and love always.

Zizi

email comments to:  LettersToZizi@att.net


No comments:

Post a Comment