Monday, September 7, 2015

My father's advice.

Monday, September 7, 2015

Today's thought:  My father's advice.

Today is the anniversary of my father's passing from the physical world into the world of light.
His advice is as relevant today as it was when he gave it to me many, many years ago.  In his memory, I want to reprint the blog I originally printed on Father's Day, 2014.

"My father was a part of my life for only nineteen years.  He died of a terminal illness a few months after my nineteenth birthday.  He worked very hard to care for us, and we were fortunate to have him.  The thing I remember most were his hands, calloused and rough from working in the construction trades and, to me, they were beautiful; the visible result of the work he did to care for us.

'I remember several times in the years before he died, asking his advice on what should I do in the situations I was not sure about.  "Do what makes you happy," was his answer.  Not 'do what is expected.' or ' this is what you should do,' or 'what will others think if you follow your heart?'  but 'do what makes you happy.'

'Decades of my life would go by before I would fully understand the wisdom of those words.  When we do what makes us happy, we are following our heart's desire, listening to our inner guidance, fulfilling our life's purpose.  When we do what makes us happy, we are content and peaceful within ourselves, and able to share those feelings with others.

'When my father died, I lost a father, a friend, and an ally.  But I remember his advice and hope you will. too.
Listen to your inner guidance;  follow your heart; and do what makes you happy."

Peace, joy, and love, always.

Zizi

Copyright 2014/2015

email comments to:  LettersToZizi@att.net

No comments:

Post a Comment