Thursday, July 10, 2014

Food

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Daughters of my heart, and other readers

Last year, after a conversation about food and how it is sometimes negatively portrayed in the media and diet industry,  I wrote a letter to two of my nieces on my thoughts about food.  With a few minor changes, here is the letter:

"My dear nieces,

I would like to share with you the prayer I say before meals.

"For your healing, nourishing, life-giving food, Your sacred, beautiful food in its infinite variety, Heavenly Father, Mother, Friend, Beloved God, I am deeply grateful and thank You.

Precious bodies, Earth Divine, Father Sun, Sister Rain, all the hands through all the years, I am deeply grateful and thank You.

With gratitude, I welcome this food into my body to heal, nourish, and comfort me.  Amen."

The "precious bodies" is a reference to our own bodies, physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.  "All the hands through all the years" refers to those who, from the beginning, labored to till the soil, cherish the earth, and saved seeds so they, along with future generations and future civilizations, could have food and, therefore, life.

Food is a huge, huge, gift.  There is no life without it.  Food is not the enemy.  Food is not 'bad.'  Food is not sinful.  Food is a privilege.  Food is one of the many blessings that God pours down upon us "in full measure, pressed down, and overflowing."

It may be an error in judgement to eat half a bag of cookies, or a quart of ice cream, or a bag of chips all at one time, but it does not make you a bad person because of it.  It would not be a healthy choice, and if we make those choices, then we are also choosing the results of those choices.  There are no choices without end results.

I hope my few words cause you to look at food in a different light.  Please don't take for granted, or demean in any way, a lifetime of food we have been privileged to enjoy.  Love the body designed to taste, swallow, enjoy and digest food, distributing its nutrients throughout the body to give it health, energy, and strength.  Love your beautiful, perfect body.  Love, bless, and appreciate the body that is perfect for you at this time.  Be grateful to your body for all that it has done for you, and for all you are able to do because of it.

Everything in Nature responds to love and attention.  Love, bless and appreciate your body, and your beautiful, perfect body will respond and reward you with health, strength, and long life."

Daughters of my heart and other readers,  remember to always take care of yourselves with respect.  Walk in dignity and grace.  You are important to God, the Universe, and all those who love you, including me.

Wishing you blessings without measure, peace, joy, and love, always.

Zizi

Copyright 2014

email comments to:  LettersToZizi@att.net

Many thanks for your interest in this site and
sharing it with others who may be interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment